Provide us with your drawings and specifications for thorough analysis, discussion and recommendation.
Step 2 Estimate
We will produce a detailed estimate for your consideration, based on the consultation phase.
Step 3 Site Survey
Site surveys will be conducted to assess the accuracy of the information submitted, and to provide any variation requirements .
Step 4 Installation
Deposits will be taken and works commenced on the agreed installation dates.
Arrival to site process
Initial introduction between Toucan and the client, detailing what we are there to carry out, what areas we will need to access whilst the works are being carried out, (if any areas are prohibited). Whether any sensitive power related items are currently on and the affect it could have regarding disruptions to power during the works.
- The pathway to and from the work area is heavily protected for instance carpet protector to prevent any damage being caused during the transport of tools and materials
- Picture evidence will be taken before commencement of works of the work area and pathways to protect the client and the engineers regarding any discrepancies in the condition of the property before works commence.
- At this stage the works will be undertaken. Toucan engineers will always always keep in verbal dialogue with the client discussing the job process and highlighting any problems and the related solutions, whilst taking progress photographic evidence as we go.
- This will be the commissioning stage where we will take all relevant readings and complete any paperwork related to the works, i.e. certification.
- This is the final clean stage where the property will be restored to its initial state before works commenced. There will be final finish photographic evidence taken.
- Handover of new installation to the client, where all operation and maintenance manuals are handed over with a detailed user demonstration performed by the engineers.
Fire Alarm Installation Services in Kent and the South East
Today’s fire alarms are multifaceted and consist of advanced features you can rely on. Fire alarm systems are fitted with various sensors that are capable of detecting smoke, heat and carbon monoxide.
Furthermore, modern fire alarms are interconnected throughout a property via radio frequency waves. When one alarm is triggered the linked alarms sound simultaneously. This means that no matter which room you are in, everyone in the building is instantly alerted.
Regardless of the sensor type, Toucan’s fire system installers are skilled technicians with decades of experience in designing, installing, servicing and monitoring fire alarm systems. We typically install Radio LINK alarms because they can be interconnected wirelessly to reduce the time and disruption associated with running cabling throughout the networks of alarms.
Our experienced technicians have worked on all types of projects including private homes, commercial premises and high-rise condos. With more than 30 years in the industry, Toucan Electrical is established as a leading provider of fire alarm installation services with a solid reputation you can rely on.
Toucan Electrical is based in Ashford and provides fire alarm installation services to commercial and residential customers in Kent and throughout the southeast.
Heat Alarms contain a Sensor which detects changes in temperature using a thermistor.
As a Heat Sensor detects heat rather than smoke, it is the perfect choice for kitchens, as it will not be triggered by cooking fumes.
We recommend fitting Heat Alarms in these areas within your home:
The alarm will only trigger once the temperature reaches 58°C degrees. Although this is adequate for kitchens and garages, it should not be used in other areas of your home as it will not provide the speed of response required – Smoke Alarms should be used instead.
Comprehensive Fire Alarm Systems You Can Rely On
The fire alarm systems we provide at Toucan Electrical are top-of-the-range wireless systems fitted with optical sensors which use an infrared beam to detect smoke, a thermistor to detect heat and a biomimetic sensor which detects carbon monoxide.
We recommend installing the fire alarms in the following locations:
• Living room
• Dining room
* To avoid false alarms whilst cooking, we recommend installing smoke alarms in the hallway just outside the kitchen.
* Heat alarms are triggered when the temperature reaches 58°C degrees to avoid false alarms whilst cooking.
• Rooms that have any fuel-burning appliances or a flue running through it - i.e open fire, gas cooker or boiler
• Living Room
* Carbon monoxide is a “silent killer” you cannot see, smell, touch, hear or taste.
Qualified Fire Alarm Installers Based In Ashford kent
Toucan Electrical is a leading fire alarm system installer based in Ashford, Kent and has earned a reputation for providing high-quality products and services for highly competitive prices. When you choose to work with us, you have access to the latest in high-tech fire alarm systems that offers the best protection possible for your home or business premises.
Our skilled technicians are fully qualified and highly trained fire alarm installers. From shops to restaurants, hotels to leisure centres and private homes to high-rise buildings, Toucan Electrical are vastly experienced in fire alarm installations throughout Kent and the Southeast.
In addition, we provide red care monitoring which protects you even when you’re not home. For more information about our fire alarm system installation services, or any of our fire detection systems, contact us today and speak with a member of our friendly and knowledgeable team. We’re more than happy to help.